Saturday, December 4, 2010

More Yoga

Hi everyone... thank you for reading our blog so faithfully!

Today is my last day of yoga school, and as of this afternoon, I am a "yoga teacher"! (if you don't like yoga, watch out, all I want to do now is teach yoga, to anyone, anywhere)

How was was it you ask? Well, apart from the geometric carrots, it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I learned so much about yoga- not just asanas, but the other aspects as well. Apart from the course though, the last month has been incredible because I've spent it with the most creative, loving, wonderful people who I've had so much fun with- like having Dave around but x27.

The first two weeks followed a fairly consistent schedule of meditation, asana class, breakfast, more classes, more food and sleeping. The third week, as I wrote in the last post, was similar, except we had self practice in the morning and more teaching practice than the first to weeks. The schedule wasn't exactly strenuous, and though I was tired at night, I didn't get sick or hurt myself (other people did and struggled). The fourth week however, was quite intense.

We got up for meditation at the same time, then did an hour of self practice, followed by breakfast. Then, to accommodate for the fact that everyone had to teach a one hour class to a group of 6-8 other people within the week, we did another 2-3 hours of asana class, in addition to giving feedback and comments to each teacher. In the afternoon, in case we weren't already dying, we did special workshops on acroyoga and Thai massage. Then, in case we had any energy left, we danced or chanted after dinner. By Monday at 2pm I was exhausted.

I taught my class on Thursday - naturally I got the last spot because I was late to sign up and all the other spots were taken- but fortunately I was too achy to be stressed and spent the week memorizing the feedback other people got and figuring out how not to teach. When it finally came to my turn I thought everyone in my class would just lay there, too tired and too sore move, but they somehow found the energy and miraculously followed my directions.

Today is our graduation, this afternoon we're having a puja ceremony where we will receive our certificates. This morning, as a sort of celebration, we didn't have to do meditation or asana practice. Instead, we got to go out on the water as the sun was rising and see the dolphins that swim near Arambol.

This is all I can write for today, tonight we're having a final talent show/ entertainment circle after dinner, and I'm supposed to be the master of ceremonies- so apparently I need to round up the talent and make some sort of list.

Love Alice

ps- if you want to check out where I spent the month, this is the website. (It really is as nice as it looks)

http://www.ashiyana-yoga-goa.com/

1 comment:

  1. Aww B.A., what a nice thing to say? I only ever say the worst things about you on the blog. Jeez I'm the worst. I'm glad I forced you to go to yoga school. Free lessons for life!

    ReplyDelete